Hannah Cole, Enrolled Agent
Hannah is a tax expert who specializes in working with creative people and their businesses. Though she’s worked at a couple “buttoned-up” tax firms in New York, she loves bringing her tax skills to the aid of the creative world. Her passion for helping creative businesses began when she was an Account Executive and Interactive Producer for a New York interactive design agency, where she saw the struggles and triumphs from the inside.
A long-time working artist with a high-level exhibition history, the financial challenges of freelancers and small creative businesses are both relevant and personal to Hannah. And she knows that describing tax concepts in jargon-free language is always a good thing.
Five Things About Hannah
- She’s an NPR nerd, and she’s got the tote bag to prove it.
- Hannah grew up in a family of scientists and artists, so she knows that logic and creativity can play well together.
- Mud. It’s one of her favorite things! Hannah has been doing pottery for 21 years, and she believes that the art of throwing pots attracts good people. To this day, she’s never met a potter she didn’t like.
- One of her lifetime highlights was crossing the Golden Gate Bridge on her bike after riding 4,200 miles from New Haven CT, for the Yale Habitat for Humanity Bicycle Challenge.
- Current superpower — finding the secret chocolate stash. Superpower she’s still working on: going back in time to not have eaten the whole stash.