We charge a flat rate for taxes, and it depends on how complex they are.
An individual return ranges from about $400-$900, with a majority falling near the lower end. Factors that increase the complexity of a return include:
- are you married?
- do you itemize your deductions?
- do you get a W-2 (employee income) or 1099s (independent contractor)?
- do you file a Schedule C for a Sole Proprietorship?
- did you have a gap in your health care coverage, or do you get coverage on the Federal or State Marketplace?
- do you have a lot of stock trades?
- do you have rental income, or (AirBnB)?
- do you rent or own?
- did you earn income in more than one state?
- are your numbers organized, or are we going back and forth a lot over missing stuff?
- is it before March 20?
- are you a kabillionaire?
Business returns (other than the Schedule C kind) range from about $900-$1500.